9-26-2011 Monday
I had strange dreams last night, other than that, the sleep was fine. The dreams were about feircy and unfriendly competetions and not pleasant at all. What a drag!
The morning was again overcast which was fine with me. After morning retiauls I made out a shopping list Lei was going to get for me. What I needed in following days were vegitables, fruits and some ready made Chinese food such like bao-zi, tuan-zi that I could eat when David was away for several hours.
Breakfast was as usual: oranges, longans and a cup of soy milk; an apple will be a snak.
The floor was very dirty due to the lacking of cleaning, plus many strangers (parimedicak personals, friends) walked in with dirty shoes on. I asked Lei tovclesn up the wood floor upstairs. He used swifer with refill to clean the floor. Good, at least it was not that dusty anymore.
Around 10 am David and Lei went out, I got up to sit on the wheelchair watching TV. It was a program showing people in the house market which was interesting and also waist of time. Well it is time to go back to work.
It was easy goofing around doing nothing. Until they were back I did not do anything meaningful at all.
Lei cooked lunch with frech vegitables, then we sat in the balcony to eat. the sun was not really out, though got really warm . After lunch I was hot and pushed in by Lei.
After lunch it was a short nap. I guessed my recovering process was almost over since I almost could resume my normal activities other than the limited physical movements. Well, I tried to go on for a couple of more days to see any thing new. Other wise I thought I should go on with my life and did not think that I was disabled therefore I had an excuse of doing nothing.
Now I had been up in the wheelchair a lot. I would say that the time on the chair could be almost as much as in bed (not counting the night sleep time in bed).
I needed to take my laptop up here and I could resume my works partially at the same time keeping doing exercises to strainthern my arms and legs.
So I asked Lei to take my laptop from my downstairs room to the computer desk of my bedroom where I could access by wheelchair. But I would remind myself oftern that each sitting time should be limited and adjusted accordingly.
Lei cooked nice frech bak choy for me before heading out for dinner with David. While I was eating I watched PBS news hour.
After the dinner I wheeled my self to the bathroom sink to brush teeth for the first time all by myself (unlike before that David took toothbrush and cup of water to me then I used washing pan as my basin on the bedside). When I wheeled myself next to the basin I locked breaks on the wheelchair then stood up by left leg while using one arm holding on the basin top I could use the other hand to brush teeth and wash the face. I still used the pan to hold water whenI rinsed upsince I could not lean forward but I did get water and pull the water of the pan all by myself . This was a new step forward today.
No comments:
Post a Comment