9-20-2011 Tuesday
I had a setback. Whole night the back pain was persistant through not severe. I figured the reason was that I had sat in the wheelchair last night to brush teeth sinceI felt I wad strong enough to sit next to the wash basin in the bathroom. The problem was that while the chair was lined along with the basin while I tried to face the basin to brush my teeth. The posture required a twist of my body to accomedatevthe task. After the teeth brushed I could feel the pain was getting stronger. That was a bad judgement.
Next question was pain medication. Taking or not taking, this is the question. I'll take mild kinds if the pain is so bad it might get me fainted or make me unable to sleep. If it did not work then I take a bit stronger kinds. Most cases I just let the body going through necessary healing process. Yesterday the physics therepist said if I don't take the pain medication then the recovering process will be prolonged. My openion about it was that a patient should do whatever one could bear to do. The pain is a signal body menifast it's problems. By pain drug to force the body do more obviously to me will do more hurm than good.
If tonight the pain is resistant sure I'll rake Alevel to make sure a good sleep.
Around 10:20 my brother's fraind Ge-zhen arrived with all the goodies for me. Early morning I got her email to tell me she was a brave one with lots of advantures in life. Some problems with taking buses were just a small potato. That was good that she had a positive atitute when she had some bumps on the road.
I was glad to see her arrival afrly and expedietly oppsite to the troubled trip that caused all the worries yesterday I experienced. First she put a bag of tengerines on my side befor she sat down to talk to me. After a Shetland chatt she went downstairs to prepear
dishes for me. First I got a bowl of young bak choys. Then she brought up a small cntaner with braised fish which she bought from the market and was one of my faveraite dish. We talked a lot. Then she cooked some onions whichvwas what I asked her to get for me. Her visit last more than three hours half of which we were just chatting. She seemmed
pretty talkative which was just fine with me.
Today I did not feel as strong as yerstetday afternoon, so most time I just laid on the bed resting. I tried to do some leg excercises too which was very minimum. Hope the setback will be oversoon. David's Den called to invite father to play golf as he often did. David turned it down and told him all the things happened to me from the beginning.
Well what can I do?
I had good dinner after David came back from his dinner. I think it worked out nicely with the food the Chinese friend cooked fo me. After dinner I watched PBS TV abot antique roadshows from UK followed by an American which was fun always to me
No comments:
Post a Comment