9-21-2011 Wednesday
I did not have a good sleep last night. The pain was not bad but my dirty hair was bothersome that made me sleepless. Around 12:30 I was up at the ceiling and doing leg excercise. Finally I got to sleep and woke up early.
The first thing I asked David to help after he got up was fetch a washing pan with warm water and put the pan on a chair, place the chair as close to the bed edge as possible. I put a plastic bag at the edge of the bed next to the water pan. Facing up I carefully laid my back on the plastic bag and stucked out my neck and head on top of the water pan which was siting on the chair and touched the bed edge. By one hand holding my neck I use the other hand to wash my hair. It was not easy job to shampoo, scrach, rings in this awkward posture. David changed the water several times, finally I did what I planed to do. I was glad that I found a way to wash my hair even I was bed bound Since dirty hair was unbearable and not only my mood but also my sleep.
After the exhusting job I relaxed in bed by watching TV for a while.
It was 8:45 when David came up again. I was starving I told him and I wanted orenge, longan (a Chinese fruit yersterday our lady friend bought forvme from a Chinese market) and soy milk. I felt it was a long waiting when David went downstairs to prepear all the stuff for me. After the big breakfast I called Kaiser to cancel an appontment made a week ago to see a arthopidics for the heel bone crack on my right foot since I was not able to go and according to David it was not even necessary anyway.
Somehow I was more tired today than previous days. I think not good sleep last night and washing hair in such odd way were the contributing facts. But at least the back pain was much less severe than yesterday. When David was out for his Blugguer run I just relaxed
then started a short documentary netflix movie: saving the ocean, reef sharks. It was about 50 minutes long. Right at the end of the movie David came back.
I was starving again I told him. He got me pork with onion which was cooked yesterday by my lady friend, waterlon and a yellow peach. AfteI gobbled down the pork and the melon there was no room for the peach. It will be my snack I told David.
After checked emails and read news on my iPod and other routines I felt do sleepy and went to a long nap which lasted mare than 1:30. Good. I hope it will not ruin my night sleep.
The weather was getting warmer than what I would like, so I needed more water in the afternoon. My yesterday's visitor replied my thanks email by sending me a long story about her few poor friends which was interesting. She insisted on wanting to get my son Lei from LAX to home by her way- metrolink and buses even after I told her my son already booked a car rental at LAX. Is she a odd woman?
Following daily excercise routine took disipline as well as time. As my physical condition had been improved more excercise time and strength would be required. I planed in few days I could add 3 lb weight for my arm excercise.
I stopped to use bedpan for now. But I need help to get into the wheelchair and move from wheelchair to sit on the toilet. I am looking forward to the day I can move around without help. I wonder how many days would it be? I bet a week. We will see.
I had good BBQ pork slider which David brought back from Luccious for dinner. It was good and we always liked the resturaunt well. David said it might be his favorite one.
Watched Rick Steve's Europe for a half hour, Granada on southern tip of Spain, next to Gibraltar Strait.
No comments:
Post a Comment