Pages

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Eleventh day , sit in the balcony

9-25-2011 Sunday

I managed to go to bathroom in the middle of night by wheelchair and felt good. The night sleep was good too.

We had late start of the day: David got up after 7:30. I had my usual breakfast: oranges. Longans and soy milk.

Somehow our package of oranges went fast and needed to be stocked
right away. I checked on line and found the closest farmsrs market was  
the one in Long Beach marina which we visited a few times before.  
David decided to have a run to the market since I would be doing Ok on my  
own for a couple of hours. Before he left I took a short ride on my  
wheelchair around our bedroom. I found if I rest my back straight on the back of the chair I felt not much strenth pressured on my back and could use both hands to push the wheels. And I could spend more time sitting on the chair rather than just laying in bed.

After David left I did my exercises and Internet browsing and found the flight Lei was taking to LAX arrived 35minutes earlier than scheduled which was a good news.

Then my sister in law called me from Florida to tell me that she and my brother Jim were happy to see my progress but remineded me that I needed to be extreamly careful during the recovering process. Also my brother Qiang emailed me to say that I needed to realize that I was after all like our mother, with fast temperament, not greatly patient. These were all true. They put emphisis on resting and patience while Lei and David on the other hand, as trained medical doctosr in US, put emphasize on moving and exercises. From different perspectives, east and west medical philosophy projected into the matter very clearly. I would like combine them in a sensible way for my advantages to achieve the  
fast recovering result.

David came back from farmers market with a bag of oranges and first  
crop of pomegranates this year. It was al most 11:30. according to the flight schedule Lei Ready landed 1:45 hour. Before long Lei showed up. When  he was walking to my room I was in the wheelchair and so glad to see my beloved son. He gave a big and gentle hug. Suddenly I felt strong and well. He encouraged me doing well rather then just laying in bed. We called his family back in the east.

Soon I had lunch he heated up for me and it was left over bak Chou,  
pork and an apple. After lunch every one had a nap, including Lei too, since he got up 3am this morning.

The weather was geting better in the afternoon after whole morning overcast. Lei pushed me out into the balcony where was sunny but I  
stayed in the shady area while my legs got sunshine. It was nice  
sitting there, the air was fresh and temperature was just right. We sat  
there while webcamed Lei's family. They were nice boys, I meant my  
grandsons. Kyle played many piano tunes for me, usually he wad the one  
who did mo like practice much, but when grandma wanted to hear, he was  
gladly complied. Joshua on the other hand liked to practice and played  
a couple of songs with no glitch at all. Obviously he practiced and  
got things right. Well everyone was different.

It was a long sitting there for me, at least 30 minutes. Afterwards I  
layed on my back in bed and did some leg exercises.

Lei went to downstairs to cook rice and fish for dinner. It was the  
first time for me to have rice in a long time ( at least two weeks).  
About 6 pm he brought up my dinner: seabass with onion and rice, mmmh  
it was good, I was not even hungray but I gobbled it down without  
hesitation.

Later David brought up a nice price of watermelon to top of my dinner.

Now I was thinking about a shower. I did wash myself everyday with  
towels, yet it is not as good as taking a shower. I asked Lei and  
David when I would be able to have a shower. Lei did not give any  
definite answer while David said after a month. I could not believe  
it. I was thinking two days might try to sit on a plastic chair to  
shower. It was just a plan and I had to wait and see.

No comments:

Post a Comment