9-19-2011 Monday
With a certein improvment in hand I was a bit releaved. Talking with Wang Qiang (my brother in Vancouver) I decided that I need to get more food, specially more vegitables (onions, greens). Last night before bed time, with help from David and the wheelchair I
was able to get into the bathroom next to our bedroom. But with all the effort I was not able to get a bowel movement going. We decided that this morning I take a pill which I just did around 8 am.
Around 9 am when I checked emails I found Lei (my son working at Yale University) already booked a trip coming to see me. I was really moved and felt fortunate to have such good son, yet regrated for telling him about my falls. He is a super busy man. All the extra time he spends for me had to come from his free time which he does not have much to begin with. Yesterday on the phone I told him do not come, but he did what he wanted to
do. I know it was all for me and that made me to feel guilty. The physical therepy called and will be here after 10.
The physical therepist showed up at 10:39. First she went over what medications I was taking. That was simple since I only took two proscription drugs and I showed the bottles to her. Then she typed in on her computer and got a person on the phone. She asked about over the counter drugs. I told her I took multiplevitemine daily and calcium tablet. Even I showed her the calcium tablet bottle. But she went on to ask me all the proscriptions over many years when I had been with Kaiser. It was really a useless and wastful procedure that I had put up with, not to mention the cost the Medicare had to pay this nonsense. From previous experience we had during the times after David had few major operations, the physical therepist home visitings were most wastful and least cost/benifit effective procedure that American Medical System ever created. At least the bulk of it.
After almost one hour, can anyone believe it? Whole hour in my case which would be one for the simplest medication patients was spent on checking my medications, even I told her multiple times that what I was taking were just from two bottles with original Kaiser pharmacy labels. Then she breifly told me several simple leg and arm excercises that I
should be doing three times a day. Ah well, I had been doing all along already.
Then she asked me if I could get up and sit. I told her I did what ever I could yersteday and I am going to do more today. But I am not yet be able to sit up without my arms support. After she pushed the wheelchair next to the bed I managed to move myself to the chair in
less than two minutes I sat on the chair with my arm support for a few minutes. Back to bed I went. I thought it will be it. No. She dragged on and on by asking question from a folder while with the attention I could have paid no more. She asked me how I manage some emergency situation like a fire. She reminded we needed a week supply reserved. On an on for all the things every householder was aware. Why do we need home visiting from a Heath insuarance campany to repeat these? Finally she asked me to sign few documents one of which was the termination of more further physical therepist home visitings. I was willingly put my signature there. After such a long time she finally finished.
Thank goodness, it was over. That was a long and tiresome event. I learned that if I have a similar situation next time ( keep fingers crossed, hope not) never to agree for a physical therepy home visit. After David left for his blugguers run I ate an apple as my brother (Wang Qiang in Vancouver Canada).
Right in the middle of the mess I got a call from Wang Qiang's friend who lives in Buena Park and would like to help me in my need. She told me she was going to a 99 Ranch Market somewhere , then get all the food I want then take buses to my home. My golly. I tried to stop her but she made her mind and decided to come. All right. But whole afternoon she did not show. Around 4:30 David got a call from her and was informed that she was on bus and wanted to make sure our street is next to Apricot av. So I thought she was well on the way. After one hour she did not arrive that got me worried so I phoned her cell phone but got no answer. After 30 minutes I tried again and still
no answer. It was close to 6pm and I called her home. Her husband answered the phone. I told him the situation, he said she was experienced with the bus system plus she had phone so there was no need to worry about. I did not know what else I could do but waiting.
Before David headed out I asked him to bring a watermelon into the kitchen sink dincs I was expecting my lady fraind tired, hot and thirsty. One hour later I got her call from which she told me that she had ready walked 6 miles or so; right now she was in Krammer and Orangethorpe crossing which was almost ten miles from our home. What a
bad drama!
I felt so guilty to course such trouble for a kindhearted lady. I told her to call her husband to pick her up but she said it was easy to get back home. In any case I told that she had to head home mo matter what. Then the phone went sialent. I tried to call her back and no
viel. I called her home and told her husband the terrible situation. He said he'll call her right back even after I told her tha lt the phone went dead in the middle of our conversation. It was around 9 I emailed Ge-zhen ( the fraind) to express my concern and gratitude. 9:20 I got phone call from her who just arrived home with pretty upbeat tune. She started talking about what good experience it was for her. What ever. I could be releaved from the guilty feeling.
No comments:
Post a Comment