9-24-2011 Saturday
I slept well last night with some dreams. Today started off gray and cold. So I had a bath rope on. The breakfast was as usual: two oranges, a tengerine, few longans and a cup of soy milk.
Somehow I rather laid on my back most time I figured that I was not ready sit or stand up much yet, the excercises of siting and standing might have done more hurm than good. On coming few days I just was going to spend more time laying on my back with certain amount leg and arm excercises.
I emailed back and forth with Wang Qiang about our good hearted lady friend Ge-zhen. I hope she got the message and did not come.
Too much food in the fridge for me now. I needed to work on them hard. Increasing excercise times might be one of the way to do. Since my back did not seem to have improvment for a couple of days I could only work on my arms and legs.
There was a nerve pinch on left of my neck just like pounding headache.
I called Wang Qiang this afternoon talking about his leg injury experience many years ago. The common scence as well as his own experiences was that life means moving, less moving the life deteriates, no moving there was no life. I needed to keep doing all the excercises while resting in bed.
Olive pit left over plus home grown red peper was my lunch.
Later afternoon I talked with Lei's family. Little Kyle was very concerned about grandma, he asked when my bone will get heeled, what a sweet boy he was. When his daddy Lei was telling me what to do and what not to do, Kyle was adding on his advices along with Daddy's.
Lei emphasized for keeping moving for me and said the worst thing you were doing was laying in bed. Ok, I could get up if it will not hamper the recovery. He said no as long as I move with care: no bending, no twisting, no pounging, anything could go. All right.
After ended webcam with them. I got up and stood with arm support for a while. When David came up to me I asked him to push the wheelchair close to the bed.
I carefully put the wheel breaks on one by one with much of effort, then I slowlly move my self into the chair. Hurray! It was a big step. After I released the breaks I used one arm to support my body , other hand pushed the wheel while I used my left foot to guild the direction. It was a succesful step: I could get on and off the wheelchair by myself and I could go around the room. Finally I pushed myself to the bathroom and back to bed, David was as glad as I was.
It meant a lot to me since I no longer needed personal care all the time and could be left alone for a period of hours and reclaimed a certain freedom for myself.
Some left over of bak choy with ribs and an apple was my dinner. I was able to have part of the dinner by sitting up with one arm supporting.
Watched more TV than ever, mainly PBS stations ( total 4 of them).
No comments:
Post a Comment