9-23-2011 Friday
Even after a nice night sleep I did not see much of progresses that I expected to see. This morning it did not seem any easier than last night to move around. It might take longer than what I have anticipated. Well, the recovering will rake it's own course while I tried to do my best to go along. I would continued excercises with arms and legs, in addtion to
standing excercises. But I don't think I should be up too long each time, since I could tell that last night more than 30 minutes sitting up was too long even I used arms to reduce the weight on my back as much as I could. I could feel the sour and pain of my back worsened
than before.
When I was having my breakfast of two oranges, a few longans and soy milk I watched TV which were most advertisements unbearable to me. So I was changing the chenels constantly. Finally I settled in PBS station for a while.
Checked Internet for various information, specially I spent cetain amount time to get mobile homes in Brea since the lady visited me a few days ago wanted to help a friends of her to get a home in Brea. I told her there was nothing less than $200,000. She said it is too much and might be all right to have a mobile home. I found out the fees in
those mobile parks were rediculously high: $800-950! I don't think it wad a good propersition at all. Small condo might be better.
Mind my own bussness as David always said to me. I just hated that I was reconfined in bed and not able to sit which limited my activities. I read a bit from iBook in ipad and an advertisment book that David handed to me this morning coming withe daily paper.
Chinese said " it takes 100 days at least to recover when eithe catileage or bones injured" which might have some truth and wisdom there. I needed to work on it at the same time I needed to be patient and realistic.
David bought me a nice lunch from "olive pit" with my three favorite items. I had half of it and saved the half for later.
More standing ups for very short time, arm and leg excercises were important part of my daily activities now.
Early afternoon I called Sydney try to get my son Yan. the first call did not get answer but I left a message. A hour later I called again and this time my little granddaughter Mia answered and I was so happy to talk with her. She told me she liked very much she just received a sweater I knitted and sent to her. That made my day.
I told Yan about my injuries and also ensuring him that I was doing better abs better by day. He told me to get a helper to take care of me saying regardless other's openion I should be the one to asses the need which was very true.
My neice Ling Ling called to report me about her situation. At the end of her report I told her my injuries too. She sent her regards and emphasized that I should be patients on resting in bed many weeks. I found it might be true. Today my back did not give me very good feeling.
After a short nap I heard someone coming to talk to David downstairs. A minute later the Chinese lady friend appeared at the door of my bedroom. I was cought by a big surprise. She said she got six apples, veggies, pork ribs ang jelly fish for me! My goodness gracious! I did not know she was coming, and did not have ideas she was going to bring me so much food! She was so kind and helpful. I really moved and felt I was over looked after by her. I wrote email to my brother Wang Qiang and asked him to tell the
friend of his not bother to comevisiting me again. She was so nice and I would call her if I really needed her help next time.
I had so many choices for my dinner. finally I had new bak choy, pork rib, an apple and a plum. It was very balanced meal.
I watched Aljazera TV which was close to BBC. Then I watched PBS Washington weekly which was a good program.
I did not feel to get standing or sitting up this afternoon and felt I need resting my back more and let it heal in it's own speed.
No comments:
Post a Comment