9-17-2011
Last night was not too bad. Every thing was on the table now. Who
knows how long I have to be bed bound. Strange, the equipments we
ordered were not delivered as they were promised. Right after 7 am I
called to check it out. Then I was connected with the apparatuses
contract company that was from where the equipments were shipped out. I was not given any reason why they did not deliver, in stead the woman on
the phone said ok we can deliver to you Monday. No, noway. I was
supposed to get them yesterday and I need them right now! Then she
said all right I'll arrange it if it is possible. I insisted on that today
is the day I was going to have them. After 2 hours I called again.
This time I got a definite ansewr: the delivering truck was one stop
away from my home and they'll arrive around noon. So it was.
What for lunch David asked. I remembered there was a cauliflower in
the fridge so I just asked David to boil it then put some olive oil so
a old piece of pizza and cauliflower was my lunch. Somehow after
the lunch my belly started grouching badly. I suspected the culprit was
the pizza.
While I have been in bed I had a strange thought: many eldlies died out
of last falls. Am I an elderly? Will this be my last fall? Better think
something positive and constructive. My arms and legs were fine so that
I can do some sort of exercises to strengthen them. Moving a leg up
and down then altered while I laid on my back. Leg movement was bothersome for my back, but bearable. On the vicinity where I could reach, my ipad was the weight for the arm exercise, not heavy enough though, better than none.
Then I checked the Internet for more info about compression fracture and realized my late mother surffered from severe compression fracture that was why she shrunk at least a couple of inches in height and had sharp pains in her back from time to time. When I asked her doctors many times about her back pain, no one mentioned about the fractures, yet told us that osteoporosis was a silent desease and did not manifest it's symptoms.
Now I realized that this statement definitly was not right, at lease
it was incomplete. 80% of copression fractures occured in osteoporosis
patients gradually who experienced various degrees of discomfort inuding
sharp pain which was my late mothers symptoms. If I knew it I could let
her taking some pain medication to ease her suffering.
It was so frustrating that one could not perform the simple task, such as washing one self, brushing teeth, drinking water. I wonder how long I could last without going insane! I tried moving sideway in bed. It took me five minutes to move a foot or so with so much sweat. Good thing was I have itouch and iPad to keep me entertained and occupied. I use itouch more since it was small and light. When one was bed bound every ounce counts. I have to say my old itouch was one of my best purchase in terms of cost and benefit ratio. But iPad was more fun. I hope soon I can enjoy it more when I get more mobile.
My brother called from his home in Florida since we have weekly short conversation as our routine I told him what happened to me. He told me that a friend of him tripped at his own entry door step, then fell down. The result of the fall was his shin bone broken into three pieces! Then he found out he had osteoporosis!
Later afternoon I thought it had been more then two days I did not
have a bowel movement, in case I needed I sould be ready. So I asked for
David's assistance to see if I could move into the wheelchair or the
canoe. My attemp failled and I realized I was not ready.
I had tomato basil soup with cauliflower for dinner and the gas
problem did not ease up at all. I talked with hannah ( my daughter in law in east coast) and she felt sorry for me since she thought I had been super active all the time, laying in bed was a punishment for poor me. That was all right. I knew life is not fair. We just have to make most of it. Good thing was finally David located my iPad charger which was so important to me.
No comments:
Post a Comment