Pages

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Fourth day: Sunday

9-18-2011 Sunday
Bad sleep last night. Too much going on in my head and there was no  
way to stop, thinking of my late mother, all the relatives who passed  
away from their last falls, worry about my own fate and health. Also the  
superman actor  Christopher Reeve appeared in my mind too. It must had been extreamly hard to live with quadripeligic conditon for so many years. Over all I should feel Ok and do what ever it takes to speed my recoshorten and shorten the bed time. I got a call to informme on Monday a physical  
therapist is coming to help me. I'll try my best to cooperate.

Sundays are David's golf days but he stayed at home for me. That is very  
nice of him to do. Around 10, before he headed out for his usual blugguers run he said I should do more excercise. I think he was right so after he left I tried to sit up. It was better than yesterday, I could hold myself up by right arm's support.
  
Strangely the left part of my middle back was hurting badly, while  
right side was much less painful, yet I had to use right arm to support my  
weight in order to avoid the excuciate pain. I even managed to touch the flour  
and stood on the good foot while I stll used my arms to support my body.  
But all in all it was better than yesterday and I was encouraged by  
the tinny progress. After David came back I gladly reported the good  
news. I demonstrated all the procedures to him and he was glad too.
I had grapes for snack. Afternoon under David help I was able to use  
the wheelchair to go to the restroom to pee! It was a good step forward.

Lei called and had a good chat. He said he might have a few days free and wanted to come to see me. I stopped his comming since  I know he  
is always super busy and I don't want him to spend few days for me  
while it was not necessary. Of course when the need really rises I  
would not hesitate to ask his help. He is a such super son, no need to  
mention how great husband and father he is. I am really very proud of  
him.

I made egg and cucumber sandwich which made a mess by falling apart  
all over the bed. Now I don't worry about it since I can wipe it off from the
the bed myself. So writing every step of the recovering and obstacle became one of my important activities every day. It was good for me.

Later afternoon I tried two more times getting up and sit up. Somehow my left part of the back had worse condition than the right side. I guess it was caused due to the fact when I fell, somehow I instantly avoided falling on right side while my right foot was already injured. So landing on the left side of my body produced the heavy injury on the left side of the back. Somehow, doctor and radiology did not mention it in any way. In emergency rooms they don't look at things so closely unless one was really dying. Self awareness was the first step to a speedy recovery. No one could know me better than myself.
I had soup and white chicken meat for dinner. It was a lot.
I was told onions and grapefruit were good source to straiten bones. So I need get more vegetables tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment